How to handle a highway breakdown or collision.
What to do if you are involved in a collision.
Be prepared if your travels take an unexpected turn. Collisions can cause a lot of stress and confusion. Be prepared, be cautious, be safe and follow our tips should you get involved in a collision.
Helpful tips in case you get stranded.
Prevent a breakdown.
Prevention is key to avoiding a vehicle break down. Be prepared, be cautious, be safe and follow this simple advice:
Check your vehicle.
- Service your vehicle on a regular basis
- Regularly do walk-around inspections of your vehicle
- Study your owner's manual so you understand your dashboard warning lights
- Keep an emergency kit and other essentials in your vehicle
- Get a detailed checklist of what you should carry in your vehicle